Second edition of the wind-music competition
The second edition of the COPA KAPELLA competition for wind-instrument bands will be held in conjunction with the ‘Woodstock of Wind Music’ at Musikmesse 2018. The grande finale will be held on the Saturday of the fair.
How it works:
• Each group entering may not exceed twenty musicians.
• At least three of the musicians must play a wind instrument.
• All musical genres are welcome.
Bands that meet these basic requirements and want to enter the competition should submit a representative video showing them in action. The type of music played – own compositions, cover versions or interpretations – is unimportant. However, the entry is limited to a single video, which can be uploaded to email@example.com via any file-transfer service, e.g., WeTransfer, Dropbox, Vimeo.
All videos received will be viewed and, after the deadline, an expert jury will choose the twelve best, most creative or most amusing videos, which will be put onto the Woodstock of Wind Music website to be voted on by fans. The five most popular bands will then play to an audience of experts and renowned jurors in the finale on the Woodstock stage at Musikmesse 2018.
- 27 November 2017 Official begin of COPA KAPELLA 2018
- 21 January 2018 Deadline for receipt of videos
- 21 February 2018 Announcement of the winners by the jury of 12 experts and begin of user voting
- 21 March 2018 End of fan voting and announcement of the five finalists
- 14 April 2018 Finale at Musikmesse Frankfurt with renowned jurors