The "Creation and Producing" section at Musikmesse will be showcasing everything connected with music making, from song idea to ready hit. Here, if you are creative, you will find valuable input for developing your compositions. This includes musical instruments and sheet music, as well as production tools and recording equipment. In free workshops and clinics, professionals will pass their knowledge on to you, covering every aspect of sophisticated playing techniques and clever song-writing.
NEW: Home of Drums (3 + 4 April 2020)
Drummers`heaven! The international drum industry is launching an innovative meet-up concept (3. + 4. April 2020) for drummers and percussionists from all parts of the world: Home of Drums will combine product presentations, knowledge transfer, concerts and performances organized by our partner OnlineLessons.tv.
The online platform www.homeofdrums.com is online and every month will be announcing the names of new artists who will be taking part in the event.
Also visit the Youtube Channel of "Home of Drums". Here you will find interesting videos about drumming.
What you can expect:
- Instrument exhibitions by brands such as DW, GEWA, Gibraltar, Gretsch, Latin Percussion, Mapex, Millenium, Natal, Paiste, PDP, Pearl, Protection Racket, Remo, Roland, Sabian, Sonor, Toca Percussion, Vic Firth, Yamaha, Zildjian and Zultan
- Mixed test stations with sets from leading manufacturers in categories such as "Basic", "Jazz", "Fusion", etc. directly next to each for testing and comparing the different sounds in areas acoustically designed for them
- Huge event and workshop programme with international drum artists like John Riley, Alex Landenburg, Claus Heßler or Daniel Schild
- Networking and exchange of experiences
- Highlight concert with international stars of the sector in cooperation with Baden-Wurttemberg Pop Academy
- On top: exhibition by manufacturers of drum-relevant products and accessories, such as microphones, music-software, in-ear equipment and more
Guitar Boutique Village
Guitar lovers will find some special highlights at Musikmesse. Discover custom-made products from various companies in the Guitar Boutique Village.
Customised, hand-made instruments are becoming increasingly popular. They range from acoustic guitars and basses to technically advanced electric guitars, from exclusive and high-priced products to plucked instruments for everyday use. The demand for individuality is growing continuously. In the Guitar Boutique Village (Hall 3.1), a variety of companies presents individual, custom-made products, which can be played in peace in a special testing cabin.
European Songwriting Award
For the third time now Messe Frankfurt and the organisers of the German Songwriting Awards will be bringing a highlight for the international songwriter and producer community to Musikmesse: the finale of the European Songwriting Awards and SongsCon! The European Songwriting Awards carry the motto: "Write a Song – Change the World." Thus the competition offers creative artists from all over the world an opportunity to present their songs to an expert jury. The winners in the singer-songwriter category will go straight into the studio, to record their prize-winning songs.
SongsCon is the first convention in Europe devoted especially to songwriters and producers. A network platform with a highly varied range, designed to promote direct contact between the creative minds "behind the song" and the decision makers in the music industry. Along with song pitches, there will be a masterclass and an A&R panel.
More categories, more benefits
Submit your song now and win great prizes like a worldwide release with professional radio and online promo, plus great additional prizes. Join us at out big award show during Musimesse at 3 April 2020